OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
1. OFFICIAL WEBSITE: You may enter the InvestWrite competition by completing all steps outlined on the official website: www.investwrite.org
2. ENTRIES: Teachers/advisors with valid registration of classes in The Stock Market Game program during the Spring 2017 and 2016-2017 year-long sessions are invited to participate in the InvestWrite competition for Spring 2017. Entries may be submitted by teachers with classes as invited by the Sponsor according to the eligibility requirements posted on the official website.
3. PARTICIPATION: All entrants who participate in InvestWrite will be entered into competition for the prizes described on the official website. All winners will be notified via email or by phone once the competition has been closed and winners have been selected. Allow 10 to 12 weeks for notification from the close of the competition. Sponsor will not accept multiple attempts to submit entries. Entries must be submitted by the authorized advisor account holder of The Stock Market Game program login ID and password for Spring 2017 or the 2016-2017 year-long session.
4. SUBMISSIONS: A registered teacher/advisor may submit up to ten student entries per class. All essays must be submitted in English. Eligibility for submission will be based on administration records located in The Stock Market Game program administrative records for Spring 2017 or the 2016-2017 year-long session. Entries which are submitted without compliance to instructions on the official website will be disqualified.
5. GENERAL: Use of automated entry devices or programs is prohibited. Any attempts by an individual to access the site via a bot script or other brute-force attack will result in that IP address becoming ineligible. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel online entries for the competition without notice if it becomes infected with a virus or is otherwise technically corrupted or unfeasible. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions or failure or delayed, garbled or corrupted data transmitted by participants via the Internet. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Entries can be excerpted and/or adapted and/or annotated for publicity purposes. By submitting an entry to InvestWrite, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which shall be final, binding and conclusive on all matters. Eligibility starts and ends upon the official opening and closing of InvestWrite.
6. WINNING ENTRIES: Winners are selected in a process to be determined by the Sponsor. Winners will be notified via email and/or by phone if selected. Entrants will not be declared official winners until they have complied with all terms contained in these rules and any other terms contained in The Stock Market Game program websites: www.stockmarketgame.org and www.investwrite.org
7. JUDGING: Entries must be submitted prior to the deadline. Entries will be based on criteria determined by the Sponsor. Judging will be performed by qualified Sponsor staff or representatives appointed by the Sponsor. Entries will be judged anonymously. Decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding.
8. CONDITIONS: All Federal, State, and Local laws apply. This offer is void where prohibited by law.
9. ELIGIBILITY: Unless otherwise specified InvestWrite is open only to select parties that have been invited to participate by the SIFMA Foundation, The Stock Market Game program or the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association and are registered teachers with classes of The Stock Market Game program from Spring 2017 or the 2016-2017 year-long session. All teachers and students participating must be citizens of the United States and must reside in the contiguous United States, Hawaii, or Alaska. United States federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
10. RELEASE: At the discretion of the Sponsor, teachers/advisors and/or students may be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release. Except where prohibited, a Publicity Release and/or Affidavit must be returned within 7 business days of receipt. If required, or if the documentation is not returned within the time period specified, the winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected.
11. TRANSFER: No transfer or assignment of any prize to anyone other than a winner determined by the SIFMA Foundation is permitted. Only one prize per person will be awarded. Only the highest level prize will be awarded to teachers who have more than one winning student essay. Prizes will be released only upon receipt of signed student and teacher release forms. Non-travel prizes will be transferred to the winner within 12 weeks of notification of award. Any prize containing travel must be completed within 12 months of award notification & travel dates will be determined by the SIFMA Foundation. Should the stated prize be unavailable, a prize of similar value will be awarded as determined by the SIFMA Foundation. This sweepstake shall be governed and construed by New York, and the venue for all controversies will be in a state or federal court in New York.
12. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: All entrants release the SIFMA Foundation, The Stock Market Game program or the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association, its clients, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents, employees and all others associated with the development and execution of this website and competition from any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from this competition and/or acceptance or use of the prizes, including liability for personal injury, death, damages or loss. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in InvestWrite or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of InvestWrite submissions. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, InvestWrite entries or panel membership applications or data. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to participants or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in any application. Sponsor is not responsible for user cheating or fraud by any participant. If, for any reason, InvestWrite is not capable of being executed as planned, including without limitation infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of InvestWrite or panel of judges, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition without notice.
13. SPONSOR: InvestWrite is sponsored by the SIFMA Foundation, The Stock Market Game program, the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association 120 Broadway, 35th Floor, New York